Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2 Challenges!


When I saw the Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO109) yesterday, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I had the Doodle Aster stamp from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff that I purchased during the summer and haven't used yet. Then I saw the dry embossing challenge at There She Goes Clear Stamps (TSG25). I couldn't wait to finish up with my day so I could get started. Since I had the complete idea in my head, it shouldn't take long, right??? Well, I finished work, picked up my daughter from school, helped with homework, worked out, folded laundry, made dinner, put laundry away, got my daughter to bed and then I finally had time to put my idea to paper. Easy peasy - HA! First I printed the stamp a few times, colored one, but it was too big to use for the sketch. No problem, printed it again in some smaller sizes and colored. I love that you can resize digital stamps. Anyhow, I somehow grabbed the wrong color red marker and had to do it again. Then because I was trying to hurry, the third attempt looked like it was colored by a First grader. Okay, deep breath, take four was used on my finished product. It did turn out how I had pictured it in my head, but it took a bit longer than expected. What do you think?

Supplies:
Doodle Aster from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff
Stampin' Up Cutie Pie designer paper
Stampin' Up Markers
Stampin' Up Basic Black stamp pad
CTMH Grown with Love stamps (for sentiment)
RibbonFX black & white ribbon
DMC floss
Black button
Spellbinders Nestabilities
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Black Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
Black & White card stock
Stampin' Up Circle punch


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!